Chihuly and Chocolate
March 9 · 11am to 4pm
Our Sensational Saturday program on March 9th will be a feast for all the senses.
- SEE our Art on Fire · The Chihuly Connection exhibit
- HEAR glass artist, Rob Stern, talk about his work with Chihuly, Lino & Pino
- TASTE delicious artisanal chocolate presented by ChocoMe
- SMELL the aroma of the cocoa beans in this edible artwork
- TOUCH glass designs by local artists for sale in our WMODA boutique
Come stimulate all your senses during this unique artistic, cultural and gastronomic experience at WMODA.
Rob Stern has worked with Dale Chihuly and his team on numerous occasions during his 30-year career as a glass-blower. He trained specifically with Pino Signoretto and was in his studio on the day that he began collaborating on the Venetian Putti series with Chihuly and Lino Tagliapietra. Now a successful master gaffer, he runs his own studio, Rob Stern Art Glass, in Wynwood, Miami, FL.
Rob has exhibited his work widely and been invited to give demonstrations and workshops at Pilchuck Glass School and other famous glass institutions around the country as well International Symposiums, notably in the Czech Republic.
On Saturday, March 9, Rob will reminisce about his work with his mentors Chihuly, Lino and Pino. He will also talk about his life as a busy glass artist and teacher of the next generation. One of Rob’s masterpieces is now on display in the Art on Fire · The Chihuly Connection exhibit.